The tour starts from Chennai, among the most prominent metropolitan areas in South India. You have a full day to explore the city before leaving for Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO site. In both Madurai and Tanjore, you will find some of the most beautiful temples. Visit Pondicherry, the erstwhile French colony, to explore India’s colonial past. The backwaters, Thekkady, Cochin and Kumarakom are other highlights of the tour.
Tour At a Glance
- Tour the sprawling metropolis of Chennai
- Drive through one of the longest beaches in the world, Marina beach
- Explore the former French colony, Pondicherry
- Practice some devotional ceremonies at the majestic Meenakshi temple
- Spot wildlife whilst trekking through Periyar National Park
- Revel in the pleasures of a house boat on the backwaters of Kerala
- Enjoy Bird watching at Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- Tour code: STI30
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Highlights of South India Itinerary details
Day 1 UK to Chennai
Day 2 Chennai
Day 3 Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Day 4 Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram)
Day 5 Mamallapuram (Mahabalipuram) to Pondicherry
Day 6 Pondicherry to Tanjore
Day 7 Tanjore to Madurai
Day 8 Madurai to Thekkady
Day 9 Thekkady
Day 10 Thekkady to Kumarakom
Day 11 Kumarakom
Day 12 Kumarakom to Backwaters (Houseboat)
Day 13 Backwaters (Houseboat) to Cochin
Day 14 Cochin
Day 15 Cochin to UK Departure
From majestic landscapes and glorious beaches, to mystic temples and tranquil backwaters, here is a tour that promises sheer indulgence to your senses.
This tour in the South, brings you some most sought after destinations like Madikeri & Mysore, where history, mysticism and nature all sit together, and take turns to enchant you with their captivating charm.
Retire to one of the quaintest corners in India that has remained untouched by perils of urbanisation. An important stop on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Hillgrove is best explored on sauntered walks along its lush, green spaces.
“The Queen of Hill Stations’, Ooty is about miles of verdant tea and coffee plantations, tall pine trees, charming British-era architecture and a laid-back vibe. If you are looking to escape sweltering Indian summers as well as hoards of crowds that compete for space at the hill stations up north, the unassumingly stunning Ooty in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu is just the place for you.
A city marked by reminders of the Royal Heritage, Mysore is where architecture takes a centre-stage in shedding light on the local history, culture and traditions. Smell of spices and incense dominate the air as visitors and locals negotiate deals in the city’s bustling bazaars.
AC Dlx. House Boat Kumarakom
Sail onto the famed backwaters of Kerala on a house boat and behold captivating sights and sounds - swaying palms and images from daily life in local fishing villages.DeluxeDeluxeDeluxeDeluxeDeluxeDeluxeDeluxe
AC Dlx. House Boat Kumarakom
Sail onto the famed backwaters of Kerala on a house boat and behold captivating sights and sounds - swaying palms and images from daily life in local fishing villages.
- International Flights: Return economy class International flights from UK. Supplement may apply from regional airports.
- Domestic Flights:Economy class domestic flights within India.
- Assisted Transfers : All Airport and train transfers as specified by a chauffeur driven car inclusive of representative assistance. Where courtesy transfers are provided by the hotel representative assistance may not be available in some places.
- Accommodation: Room with attached private facilities.
- Meal Plan: Bed & Breakfast at all places and House Boat on Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Jungle Safari: As per individual parks regulations. By Jeep sharing with other tourist, seating up to five, or a large open vehicle, seating up to eighteen. Safaris are accompanied by a naturalist. For booking exclusive jeeps a higher charge may apply. Due to the limited number of vehicles allowed inside a park in a day, exclusive jeep is subject to availability.
- Train: Air conditioned sleeper.
- Services of Local Agent & Tour Guide: Services of a local agent in all major cities and an English speaking guide during sightseeing as specified inclusive of entry fee to the monuments.
- Taxes:All applicable taxes and service charges.
What's not Included?
- Travel insurance: We recommend you take a comprehensive travel insurance to cover your holiday at the time of booking the tour.
- Visa: UK citizens require entry visas for India.
- Personal Expenses: Such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc
- Camera fee: Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips anywhere: To drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Free Days: Any car arrangements on free days / days at leisure.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.
Additional InformationPrices above are per person in pounds sterling (£) based on twin sharing.
* Offer valid for selected dates | Subject to Availability | Terms and Conditions Apply
Why our customers love us?
Presenting the most dependable travel solutions from London to the world over since 1984, we are trusted widely by people. Our customers can completely depend on us for end to end travel solutions, while all they need to do is pack your bags and arrive in style!
Why book with Southall Travel?
- Price Match Guarantee*
- No fee on credit & debit card transactions
- Exclusive deals for hundreds of destinations
- 24/7 assistance by Travel Experts
- ATOL Protected
- Low deposits