Kerala Backwater Experience
If you are looking to explore the backwaters, which are easily the most tempting tourist highlight in Kerala, this is the tour you should opt for! On the tour, you get an opportunity to spend time at captivating backwaters on the Malabar Coast, Kumarakom and Alappuzha. Also, you can explore the rich colonial past of Cochin, wildlife at Periyar National Park and the hilly beauty of Munnar.
Tour At a Glance
- Tour through the colonial city of Cochin
- Spot wildlife whilst trekking through Periyar National Park
- Revel in the pleasures of a house boat in Alleppy
- Evening Sunset boat trip in Lake Periyar
- Enjoy Sunset at the Kanyakumari – "The Lands End of India"
- Tour code: STI25
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Day 1 UK to Cochin
Day 2 Cochin
Day 3 Cochin
Day 4 Cochin to Munnar
Day 5 Munnar
Day 6 Munnar to Periyar
Day 7 Periyar
Day 8 Periyar to Kumarakom
Day 9 Kumarakom
Day 10 Kumarakom to Backwaters
Day 11 Backwaters to Alappuzha
Day 12 Alappuzha to Kovalam
Days 13-14 Kovalam
Day 15 Trivandrum (Kovalam) to UK Departure
Dates & Prices
16 Jan - 31 Mar
Single Room Supp (pp)
16 Apr - 10 May
Single Room Supp (pp)
11 May - 30 Jun
Single Room Supp (pp)
The Elephant Court Thekkady
The Elephant Court is situated in Thekkady, one of the
Aveda Resorts and Spa Kumarakom
The hotel Situated in Kumarakom, Aveda Resorts and Spa is on a lake and close to Kumarakom Boat Jetty, Vembanad Lake, and Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Regional attractions also include Thirunakkara Mahadeva Temple and Nagambadam Stadium.
Uday Samudra Beach Hotel Kovalam
Uday Samudra Hotel is located at the famed beaches of Kovalam. It is just minutes away from Vellar Junction. Trivandrum International Airport is only 15 kilometers and Railway Station is 13 kilometers away from the hotel.
Holiday Inn Cochin
Located in the cosmopolitan city of Cochin, known as the industrial capital of Kerala, Holiday Inn Cochin is a recent addition in this bustling commercial port.Conveniently located on the NH Bypass at a distance of 5 kms from Kakkanad,commercial plac
Fragrant Nature Munnar Munnar
Fragrant Nature—a luxury hotel with the finest vantage views of the verdant mountains—is situated in a choice location of Munnar. Tata Tea Museum and St. Thomas Marthoma are within 10 kilometer. Fragrant Nature Munnar is styled similar t
AC Dlx. House Boat Kumarakom
Sail onto the famed backwaters of Kerala on a house boat and behold captivating sights and sounds - swaying palms and images from daily life in local fishing villages.
Ramada Alleppey Alleppey
Ramada Alleppey is accessible through water, road and air. Just minutes away on the coast, climb the teak spiral staircase to very top of the oldest lighthouse on the Arabian Sea. This relic of Alappuzha’s days as a busy port is open to visitor
Spice Village Periyar
Spice Village is a resort located in Kumily, a small settlement
The Zuri Kumarakom
The Zuri is Located on the serene banks of Vembanad
The Raviz Kovalam Kovalam
The Raviz Kovalam hotel built on a cliff-top, is cradled between wide sweeping beaches and has a panoramic view of the famous Kovalam coastline. It is spread over 44 acres of lush green land. Trivandrum, the capital of Kerala is a short and scenic dr
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Located on the NH 47 Bypass with easy access to the airport, CBD, Kakkanad Infopark, Fort Kochi, and scenic backwaters and beaches to the south.
Windermere Estate Munnar
Windermere Estate is set amidst a cardamom estate surrounded by
Lake Palace Resort Alleppey
Lake Palace Resort is a luxury resort located in Alleppey at the banks of Vembanadu Lake, adjacent to the venue of the legendary Nehru Trophy boat race. Set amidst green vistas, vast blue skies, fresh breeze, towering palms and ever flowing water str
- International Flights: Return economy class International flights from UK. Supplement may apply from regional airports.
- Domestic Flights:Economy class domestic flights within India.
- Assisted Transfers : All Airport and train transfers as specified by a chauffeur driven car inclusive of representative assistance. Where courtesy transfers are provided by the hotel representative assistance may not be available in some places.
- Accommodation: Room with attached private facilities.
- Meal Plan: Bed & Breakfast at all places and House Boat on Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Jungle Safari: As per individual parks regulations. By Jeep sharing with other tourist, seating up to five, or a large open vehicle, seating up to eighteen. Safaris are accompanied by a naturalist. For booking exclusive jeeps a higher charge may apply. Due to the limited number of vehicles allowed inside a park in a day, exclusive jeep is subject to availability.
- Train: Air conditioned sleeper.
- Services of Local Agent & Tour Guide: Services of a local agent in all major cities and an English speaking guide during sightseeing as specified inclusive of entry fee to the monuments.
- Taxes:All applicable taxes and service charges.
What's not Included?
- Travel insurance: We recommend you take a comprehensive travel insurance to cover your holiday at the time of booking the tour.
- Visa: UK citizens require entry visas for India.
- Personal Expenses: Such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc
- Camera fee: Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips anywhere: To drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Free Days: Any car arrangements on free days / days at leisure.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.
Additional InformationPrices above are per person in pounds sterling (£) based on twin sharing.
* Offer valid for selected dates | Subject to Availability | Terms and Conditions Apply
Why our customers love us?
Presenting the most dependable travel solutions from London to the world over since 1984, we are trusted widely by people. Our customers can completely depend on us for end to end travel solutions, while all they need to do is pack your bags and arrive in style!
- Price Match Guarantee*
- No fee on credit & debit card transactions
- Exclusive deals for hundreds of destinations
- 24/7 assistance by Travel Experts
- ABTA and ATOL Protected
- Low deposits