0208 705 0071 24/7
+44 333 300 3000( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
North Island Classic
North Island Classic 09 Days / 08 Nights
fr £ 1169* pp
- Enquire via Email
The tour of New Zealand’s North Island comprises visits to Auckland, Hamilton, Napier, Rotorua, Martinborough, and Tongariro. Explore the beauty of Waikato farmland and experience traditional Maori culture of Rotorua. The tour includes trip to Martinborough, limestone Waitomo Caves, and volcanic mountains in Tongariro National Park. Enjoy 2 nights in Rotorua along with a night in Napier and Hamilton.
Tour At a Glance
- Visit Hawk’s Bay to explore the art deco architecture and enjoy scrummy food and drinks at world class wineries
- Have traditional Maori dinner at Rotorua
- Admire the lush greenery of Wairarapa while driving to Martinborough from Napier
- Be a part of exotic tours of Waitomo glow-worm caves
- Tour code: STNZ04
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Day 1Auckland - Hamilton (127 km)
Meet and greet service with rental car pick up at Auckland Airport. As you cruise down the southern motorway, suburban scenery gradually gives you to market gardening and Waikato farmland enroute to Hamilton. Read More
Day 2Hamilton – Rotorua (106 km)
Enjoy the drive through farmland , lakeland and forest until the distinctive smell of sulphur and constant steam drifts let you know you are in tempestuous , geothermal Rotorua. Read More
Day free to enjoy the many sights and activities on offer. This evening enjoy a memorable night of culture, song and dance followed by dinner cooked the traditional Maori way on hot stones underground. Read More
Day 4Rotorua - Napier (219 km)
Enjoy the scenery as the road changes from forest to rugged mountain ranges and then to fertile vineyards as you continue on to the Hawke’s Bay, known for its Art Deco architecture, gourmet food and world-class wineries. Read More
Day 5Napier - Martinborough (270 km)
Enjoy the clean, green Wairarapa scenery as you drive south to Martinborough, home to over 25 boutique vineyards. Read More
Day free to visit the local wineries. Or just enjoy a day to relax. Read More
Day 7Martinborough - Tongariro (333 km)
Travel today to Tongariro National Park where the three volcanic mountains of Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro dominate the scenery. Travel through the desert-like plateau to your accommodation at the foot of Mt Ruapehu. Read More
Day 8Tongariro –Waitomo - Auckland (360 km)
Travel to the ancient limestone Waitomo Caves region with its labyrinth of caves and underground rivers. Your guide will provide historical and geographical commentary before you drift silently in a boat under the milky way of glowworms . Continue on to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, situated between two harbours and dotted with extinct volcanoes. Read More
Day 9Depart Auckland
Tour concludes with the return of your rental car to Auckland city or airport depot. Read More
The Springs is located in the heart of Rotorua – New Zealand’s. This eco-friendly Hotel is close to Rotorua Golf Club, Racing Rotorua, and Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve. Also nearby are Te Puia New Zealand Maori Arts and CrafMore info
Cobden Garden HomestayNapier
Located high on Bluff Hill with extensive views, Cobden Garden is just a 12-minute walk or 3-minute drive from the heart of Napier City in Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand.More info
- Meet and Greet services.
- Co-Pilot will be handed over by the Meet & Greet Representative on arrival in New Zealand.
- Unlimited kms, Standard Motor Vehicle Insurance, Excess Reduction to a NIL Excess, Airport/Whaf Fees, GPS Unit, GST @ 15%.
- Accommodation as specified in the itinerary.
- Meals on Breakafast basis.
What's not Included?
- Return economy class International flights from UK.
- Visa fees.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc.
- Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips to drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Any other services not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.