0208 705 0071 24/7
0782 587 4342( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
North Island Classic 09 Days / 08 Nights
fr £ 1435 pp
- Enquire via Email
The tour of New Zealand’s North Island comprises visits to Auckland, Hamilton, Napier, Rotorua, Martinborough, and Tongariro. Explore the beauty of Waikato farmland and experience traditional Maori culture of Rotorua. The tour includes trip to Martinborough, limestone Waitomo Caves, and volcanic mountains in Tongariro National Park. Enjoy 2 nights in Rotorua along with a night in Napier and Hamilton.
- Tour code: STNZ04
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Your Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Auckland. Auckland - Hamilton (127 km)
Meet and greet service with rental car pick up at Auckland Airport. As you cruise down the southern motorway, suburban scenery gradually gives you to market gardening and Waikato farmland enroute to Hamilton.
Day 2: Hamilton – Rotorua (106 km)
Enjoy the drive through farmland , lakeland and forest until the distinctive smell of sulphur and constant steam drifts let you know you are in tempestuous , geothermal Rotorua.
Day 3: Rotorua BD
Day free to enjoy the many sights and activities on offer. This evening enjoy a memorable night of culture, song and dance followed by dinner cooked the traditional Maori way on hot stones underground.
Day 4: Rotorua - Napier (219 km) B
Enjoy the scenery as the road changes from forest to rugged mountain ranges and then to fertile vineyards as you continue on to the Hawke’s Bay, known for its Art Deco architecture, gourmet food and world-class wineries.
Day 5: Napier - Martinborough (270 km) B
Enjoy the clean, green Wairarapa scenery as you drive south to Martinborough, home to over 25 boutique vineyards.
Day 6: Martinborough B
Day free to visit the local wineries. Or just enjoy a day to relax.
Day 7: Martinborough - Tongariro (333 km) B
Travel today to Tongariro National Park where the three volcanic mountains of Ruapehu, Ngauruhoe and Tongariro dominate the scenery. Travel through the desert-like plateau to your accommodation at the foot of Mt Ruapehu.
Day 8: Tongariro –Waitomo - Auckland (360 km) B
Travel to the ancient limestone Waitomo Caves region with its labyrinth of caves and underground rivers. Your guide will provide historical and geographical commentary before you drift silently in a boat under the milky way of glowworms . Continue on to Auckland, New Zealand’s largest city, situated between two harbours and dotted with extinct volcanoes Read More
Day 9: Depart Auckland B
Tour concludes with the return of your rental car to Auckland city or airport depot.
Dates & Prices
Period of travel
01 Jan - 31 Mar
- Visit Hawk’s Bay to explore the art deco architecture and enjoy scrummy food and drinks at world class wineries
- Have traditional Maori dinner at Rotorua
- Admire the lush greenery of Wairarapa while driving to Martinborough from Napier
- Be a part of exotic tours of Waitomo glow-worm caves
- Meet & Greet Service
- Rental car including Accident Excess Reduction and Airport/Ferry Collection Fees
- 8 nights unique/boutique accommodation with breakfast included
- Maori Hangi Dinner & Concert
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves
what's Not included?
- International Flights: Return economy class International flights from UK.
- Travel Insurance: We recommend you take a comprehensive travel insurance to cover your holiday at the time of booking the tour.
- Visa: UK citizens require entry visas. We can obtain visa on your behalf for a nominal fee.
- Personal Expenses: Such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc
- Camera fee: Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips anywhere: To drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Free Days: Any car arrangements on free days / days at leisure.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.