0208 705 0071 24/7
0782 587 4342( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
South Island Vintage 12 Days / 11 Nights
fr £ 2295 pp
- Enquire via Email
Explore glorious New Zealand’s modern regions such as Christchurch, Dunedin and Queenstown. Discover the charm of towns like Wanaka, Hokitika and Blenheim. Admire stunning scenery of Kaikoura and a trip to Abel Tasman National Park. Reach the adventure capital, Queenstown for exciting activities, sightseeing and delicious dining. A trip to Milford Sound and Dunedin is also included in the itinerary.
- Tour code: STNZ06
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Your Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Christchurch
Meet and greet service with rental car pick up at Christchurch Airport.
Day 2: Christchurch - Blenheim (309 km) CB
The trip north takes you through Kaikoura where the unique combination of ocean and mountains offers stunning coastal alpine scenery and a host of eco-tourism activities including whale watching, dolphin swimming and seal snorkelling. Travel past surf beaches, vineyards and olive groves to Blenheim, the heart of wine growing Marlborough.
Day 3: Blenheim B
Day at leisure. The sunny town of Blenheim is an ideal base for those who want to explore the local wine and food culture. Bike around the vineyards or take a tour. If you are feeling adventurous, a visit to Nelson and Abel Tasman National Park is highly recommended. Abel Tasman National Park is a coastal paradise you can walk through or explore by cruise boat, sailing catamaran, water taxi or sea kayak Read More
Day 4: Blenheim - Hokitika (362 km) B
Travel today to the West Coast. This remote area has a ruggedly beautiful landscape of vast rainforests, gushing waterfalls and snow capped mountains. A recommended stop is at the Punakaiki Pancake Rocks and Blowholes where the surging sea has sculptured amazing shapes out of the rocks.
Day 5: Hokitika - Wanaka (419 km) B
Head south past Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers, unique relics of the last ice age, where mighty rivers of ice tumble down rock valleys. Enjoy waterfalls and river scenery as you leave the coast and climb up the river valley to Haast Pass. The road snakes through the Aspiring National Park, and the vegetation becomes more sparse as you travel inland. Lakes Hawea and Wanaka make the last part of the trip beautifully scenic on the way to the scenic lakeside town of Wanaka Read More
Day 6: Wanaka - Queenstown (113km) B
Journey south over the Clutha and Cardrona Rivers and via Lake Dunstan to Cromwell. Continue through the Kawarau Gorge before arriving at New Zealand’s adventure capital, Queenstown. An alternative route today is via the Crown Range Road which is New Zealand’s highest sealed highway. This route is shorter than the one via Cromwell however travel time may take longer due to the winding nature of the road (note this route is not recommended over winter) Read More
Day 7: Queenstown B
Full day at leisure for optional sightseeing and activities. Queenstown is quite simply a place of pure inspiration. Whether you have an appetite for adventure or prefer tracking down fine wine and cuisine, the region provides the perfect mix of action and relaxation.
Day 8: Queenstown - Milford Sound - Queenstown (580 km) B
Make your way via Lake Te Anau to Milford Sound where you will enjoy a cruise on this scenic sound. A full day journey into the heart of Milford Sound. Experience the world famous fjord, rich in dense rainforest, glacier carved valleys and beautiful waterfalls. Journey across the Southern Alps and past the stunning Mirror Lakes and Eglinton Valley, a place of ancient alpine forest and gushing waterfalls. At Milford Sound, board your scenic cruise to see the wonders of Mitre Peak, glacier-scarred rock walls and waterfalls that tumble through valleys and crash into the sea far below. Later today return to Queenstown Read More
Day 9: Queenstown - Dunedin (286 km) B
Step back in time as you travel through Central Otago, a land of pioneer history, golden orchards and tantalising Pinor Noir.
Day 10: Dunedin B
Day at leisure. Dunedin and Coastal Otago is often referred to as the eco-capital of New Zealand. It is a region of natural beauty overlaid with a fascinating cultural history. On Dunedin’s doorstep you will find incredible wildlife including the world’s rarest penguins and the world’s only mainland breeding colony of Royal Albatross.
Day 11: Dunedin - Christchurch (363 km) B
Travel up the North Otago Coast to Christchurch. Just south of Oamaru, it is worth a photo stop at Moerakei where huge spherical boulders are scattered along the beach. River crossings become a feature of the journey before the straight flat roads set amongst the Canterbury Plains lead you into Christchurch.
Day 12: Christchurch CB
Tour concludes with the return of your rental car to Christchurch Airport depot.
Dates & Prices
Period of travel
01 Jan - 31 Mar
- Enjoy bike tours to the vineyards of Blenheim
- Visit the Punakaiki Pancake Rocks and Blowholes
- Travel past Franz Josef and Fox glaciers
- Be a part of scenic cruise at Milford Sound to admire Mitre Peak and its surroundings
- Explore the captivating landscape of Wanaka
- Admire the wine regions of Marlborough
- Spend a few hours at the Southern Alps
- Explore the fascinating cultural history of Dunedin
- Meet and greet service
- Rental car including Accident Excess Reduction and Airport/Ferry Collection Fees
- 11 nights unique/boutique accommodation with breakfast included
- Queenstown Skyline Gondola
- Milford Sound Cruise
what's Not included?
- International Flights: Return economy class International flights from UK.
- Travel Insurance: We recommend you take a comprehensive travel insurance to cover your holiday at the time of booking the tour.
- Visa: UK citizens require entry visas. We can obtain visa on your behalf for a nominal fee.
- Personal Expenses: Such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc
- Camera fee: Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips anywhere: To drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Free Days: Any car arrangements on free days / days at leisure.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.