0208 705 0071 24/7
0782 587 4342( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
Top of The South 07 Days / 06 Nights
fr £ 1455 pp
- Enquire via Email
The tour includes expeditions to most prominent attractions in South Island, New Zealand. It begins from Christchurch and continues up the lovely coastline between Pacific Ocean and the Kaikoura Ranges, to half-submerged mountain range called Marlborough Sounds. Visit the Hanmer Springs, and Nelson Tasman region which is home to colourful coastal towns and is surrounded by three national parks.
- Tour code: STNZ01
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Your Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive Christchurch
Meet and greet service with rental car pick up at Christchurch Airport.
Day 2: Christchurch – Picton (344 km) - Marlborough Sounds CB
Travel across broad, braided rivers and the rich patchwork farming landscape of the Canterbury ranges. Continue up the ruggedly beautiful coastline between the surging Pacific Ocean and the steeply rising Kaikoura Ranges to the wine growing region of Marlborough. On arrival in Picton park your car and travel by water taxi to your accommodation. Recommended Optional Tour Enroute: Kaikoura Whale Watching Cruise. Every Whale Watch tour is a unique experience and the sightings vary. Giant Sperm Whales are the stars of the show and year-round residents. A typical tour may encounter fur seals, pods of dolphins and the endangered Wandering Albatross. You may also see Humpback Whales, Pilot Whales, Blue Whales and Southern Right Whales. Kiaoura is home to world’s largest dolphin the Orca and the world’s smallest and rarest marine dolphin the Hector and has the largest concentration and variety of seabirds on mainland New Zealand Read More
Day 3: Marlborough Sounds B
Day at leisure. The South Island’s northeast corner is dominated by the beautiful Marlborough Sounds, a half-submerged mountain range revealed as a labyrinth of waterways, inlets, coves, bays and islands. The result is a marvellous recreation area for boating, swimming, and fishing as well as walking and cycling.
Day 4: Marlborough Sounds – Picton - Nelson (130 km) B
Take a water taxi back to Picton today to collect your rental car and make the short journey to Nelson.
Day 5: Nelson B
Day at leisure. The Nelson Tasman Region is known for its vibrant coastal towns, full of bustling cafes, charming boutiques and funky art galleries. Rich with spectacular scenery, three national parks are within 90 minutes of the city. Recommended Optional Tour: Journey north to Abel Tasman National Park to cruise into Tonga Island Marine Reserve. Pause to view the antics at Tonga Island Seal Colony then land at historic Tonga Quarry Beach. Take a one hour walk over a picturesque forested saddle and around the Bark Bay waterfall trail to bays of golden beaches before the return to Nelson Read More
Day 6: Nelson - Hanmer Springs (300 km) B
A beautiful drive today will take you via the Nelson Lakes to Hanmer Springs. Situated in the foothills of the Southern Alps Hanmer Springs is a destination for relaxation and indulgence. Bike rides, bush walks and horse treks are all on offer but by far the most famous and popular activity the town boasts is the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa – to which entrance is included Read More
Day 7: Hanmer Springs - Christchurch (134 km) B
The return route to Christchurch follows the beautiful Waiau River. Farmland, vineyards and olive groves characterise the Waipara region, which is known for its wine and food The last leg of your journey takes you past surf beaches to Christchurch where your tour concludes with the return of your rental car to Christchurch Airport depot.
Dates & Prices
Period of travel
01 Jan - 31 Mar
- Enjoy fishing, swimming, and boating at waterways, coves and inlets of Marlborough Sounds
- Spend some time at art galleries and modern cafés in Nelson
- Soothe your mind and soul at Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools and Spa
- Explore the natural beauty of Waipara region at its vineyards and olive groves
- Meet and greet service
- Rental car including Accident Excess Reduction and Airport/Ferry Collection Fees
- 6 nights unique/boutique accommodation with breakfast included
- Water taxi transfers
- Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa
what's Not included?
- International Flights: Return economy class International flights from UK.
- Travel Insurance: We recommend you take a comprehensive travel insurance to cover your holiday at the time of booking the tour.
- Visa: UK citizens require entry visas. We can obtain visa on your behalf for a nominal fee.
- Personal Expenses: Such as laundry, telephones calls, hard & soft drinks, meals other then specified, beverages and mineral water etc
- Camera fee: Still and video camera fee at monuments and game parks.
- Tips anywhere: To drivers, porters, bellboys, guides & waiters etc.
- Free Days: Any car arrangements on free days / days at leisure.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.