0208 705 0071 24/7
+44 333 300 3000( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
Glimpse of Ceylon
Glimpse of Ceylon 04 Days / 03 Nights
fr £ 439* pp
- Enquire via Email
The Sri Lankan tour is your chance to peep into the rich culture and treasured history of tear-drop nation. Your tryst with Sri Lanka starts with a visit to Sigiriya, also known as the Lion Rock. Follow it by a visit to the UNESCO site, Polonnaruwa, and Dambulla Rock Temple. It comprises unique experiences like spending time at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and a visit to Temple of the Tooth Relic.
- Sigiriya: 2 nights
- Kandy: 1 night
Tour At a Glance
- Explore top rated tourist sites - Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla, Pinnawala and Kandy
- Experience the spectacular blend of old and new Sri Lanka
- Marvel at the different UNESCO sites of the country
- Tour code: STSL01
- Accommodation Grade
- Private Tour
Meet and assist at airport and transfer to a resort near Sigiriya (Approx. 5 hrs). Read More
Climb the 5th century Sigiriya rock fortress which is a world heritage site, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). The "Lion Rock" is a citadel of unusual beauty rising 200 metres from the scrub jungle. The rock was the innermost stronghold of the 70 hectare fortified town. A moat, rampart, and extensive gardens including the renowned water gardens ring the base of the rock. Visit the world-renowned frescoes of the "Heavenly Maidens" of Sigiriya, which are in a sheltered pocket of the rock approached by a spiral stairway. These frescoes are painted in earth pigments on plaster. Transfer from Sigiriya to Polonnaruwa. (Approx. 2 hrs) The island’s medieval capital (built in the 11th and 12th century AD) rose to fame after the decline of Anuradhapura. It is a world heritage site. Many of the ruins are in an excellent condition. Its great artificial lake, the Parakrama Samudra which covers an area of 6,000 acres, feeds a network of irrigation canals and minor tanks. Visit the ruins of the Royal Palace, the Gal Viharaya which has 4 splendid statues of the Buddha in ’Upright’, ’Sedentary’ and ’Recumbent’ postures carved out of rock, the Audience Hall, the Lotus Bath and the statue of King Parakramabahu. There are also monuments of famous places of worship such as the Shiva Temple, the Lankathilake, the Watadage, the Galpotha, the Kiri Vehera and the remains of a former Temple of the Tooth Relic. Transfer from Polonnaruwa to Sigiriya (Approx. 2 hrs). Read More
Day 3Sigiriya to Dambulla. (Approx. 30 Minutes)
Transfer from Sigiriya to Dambulla. (Approx. 30 Minutes) Climb Dambulla rock temple was built by King Walagambahu in the 1st century B.C. and it is a World Heritage Site. It is the most impressive of Sri Lanka’s cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. metres of painted walls and ceilings is the largest area of paintings found in the world. It contains over 150 images of the Buddha of which the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock and spanning 14 metres. Transfer from Dambulla to Pinnawala. (Approx. 2.5 hrs) Visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage provides visitors with the best chance of seeing a large number of elephants at close quarters. The orphanage was established in 1975 and commenced with seven orphaned elephants. Today some of these orphans enjoy the fortune of seeing their calfs born in the same location. Assisted by local and foreign elephant experts, Pinnawala commenced a successful captive breeding program and the first baby elephant was born in 1984. Transfer from Pinnawala to Kandy (Approx. 1.5 hrs) Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic and thereafter witness a cultural show (If time permits). Transfer from Kandy to Hotel. Read More
Transfer from Kandy & drop off in Colombo. (Approx. 4 hrs). Read More
Camellia Resort and SpaSigiriya
Proximal situation is very close to sigiriya historic ancient city which is dated back to 5th ad and few minute journey to sigiriya situated at avudangawa, kibissa also available cottage type rooms. The surrounding vicinity iMore info
Situated by the historical Kandy Lake, Hotel Suisse is a colonial structure that is set in its own landscaped gardens spreading up to about three acres. A leisurely walk will bring you to the city centre in a few minutes whilMore info
- Accommodation in standard rooms on Bed & Breakfast basis for 3 nights from breakfast on day 2 to breakfast on day 4 at hotels specified or of similar standard.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Dambulla, Cultural Show, Kandy Temple only.
- Services of a English Speaking Chauffeur Guide.
What's not Included?
- International flights.
- Video Camera and Still Camera permits at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Video Camera and Still Camera permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy.
- Meals not specified above.
- Entrance fees to sites not specified above.
- Cost of beverage throughout the tour.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips and Porterage.
- Cost of ticket to view the Kandy Esala Perahera which will be held in Kandy.
- Christmas and New Year’s eve supplements at hotels.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.