0208 705 0071 24/7
+44 333 300 3000( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
Best of Turkey
Best of Turkey 08 Days / 07 Nights
fr £ 499* pp
- Enquire via Email
Travel back in time on this 8-day tour to Turkey’s most charming corners that have been preserving the country’s rich history, customs and traditions. In addition to Istanbul, your journey will take you to astounding places such as Cappadocia, Rose Valley, Kaymakli Underground City, Roman City of Ephesus as well as quaint Pamukkale.
- Istanbul: 2 nights
- Cappadocia: 2 nights
- Kusadasi: 3 nights
Tour At a Glance
- Explore the popular and historical attractions in the Old City, including Topkapi Palace, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, St. Sophia and the Grand Bazaar
- Enjoy a thrilling tour of Bosphorus to know more about the past and present of the place
- Visit the quaint corners of Ephesus, including its stunning temples
- Discover the popular historical attractions in Cappadocia including the Devrent Valley, Monk’s Valley, Göreme and the natural castles of Uçhisar
- Marvel at the ancient architecture at the Rose Valley and during the Kaymakli Underground City Tour
- Take a tour of the ancient town of Pamukkale and explore its natural hot water springs amongst other stunning attractions from the past
- Tour code: STTK04
- Accommodation Grade
- Group Tour
Day 1Arrival in Istanbul
Upon arrival at Istanbul Ataturk Airport, meet with our English-speaking representative who will arrange for your transfer to a hotel by a private vehicle. Check in and spend the rest of your afternoon at leisure. Overnight stay at a local hotel in Istanbul. Read More
Day 2Full Day Old City Tour in Istanbul
After breakfast, you will
meet your local guide in the hotel lobby. Today is reserved for the exploration of quaint quarters of Old City. Start by visiting the Topkapi Palace, the seat of government during the Ottoman Empire and a large museum now. Look for the ‘Spoonmaker’s Diamond’, the 7th largest diamond in the world in the treasury section and search for sacred leavings from Prophet Mohammad at the chamber of Holy Mantle. Visit Hippodrome next, one of the largest chariot race grounds in the Byzantine Empire. Your exploration will then take you to Blue Mosque, built in the 17th century and named after blue Iznik tiles that adorn its interiors. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant before you visit St. Sophia, built during the reign of Emperor Justinian in AD537. The church remained one of the greatest churches in Christendom until the conquest of Constantinople in 1453 by Sultan Mehmet II who ordered to convert it into a Mosque. Culminate your day by visiting the renowned Grand Bazaar, the largest and oldest covered Bazaar in Turkey with more than 4,000 shops selling everything from handicrafts, carpets, rare jewels, antiques, home wares, books, copper ware, ceramics, gold and souvenirs. Have dinner at your own expense. Overnight stay at your local hotel.
Entrance fee for Harem section will not be covered
The lunch at the local restaurant will have set menu; drinks extra
Day 3Half Day Bosphorus Tour
After breakfast, spend some
leisurely time till it’s time for your Cable Car & Bosphorus Tour. Meet with your tour guide at the beginning of the tour and proceed towards City Walls and learn about the history of the place. Next, take the bus to Golden Horn area, a natural harbour crucial to the development of Istanbul. Your next stop will be at Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar) where you will see heaps of cinnamon, caraway, saffron, mint, thyme and other spices and herbs. Take a scenic boat trip on the Bosphorus next, followed by a visit to the Rumeli Fortress. Check out of your hotel and take a direct flight from Ataturk Airport in Istanbul to Cappadocia. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your hotel where you can spend the rest of your day at leisure. Dinner and overnight stay at your local hotel.
Day 4Highlights of Cappadocia Tour
After breakfast, meet with
your local guide in the hotel lobby and usher on your full day regular tour of Cappadocia, a historical region in Central Anatolia. Start by visiting the Devrent Valley, popular for its many different rock formations. Don’t miss the small fairy chimneys in the valley that form a lunar landscape. Drive to Paşabağ (Monk’s Valley) next and check out some of the most interesting mushroom-shaped pinnacles. Have lunch at a local restaurant in the city of Avanos (set menu, drinks extra). In the afternoon, make your way to Göreme and marvel at the ruins of rock-cut churches and ancient Christian settlements. Culminate your visit by visiting the natural castles of Uçhisar. Dinner and overnight stay at your local hotel.
Note: You can also book an optional early morning hot air balloon tour to enjoy the aerial view of the valleys this day.
Day 5Rose Valley & Kaymakli Underground City – Kusadasi
After meeting your guide
in the hotel lobby, proceed towards to the Red Valley and admire the quaint rock-cut and colourful churches. Next on your list is the old and charming village of Çavuşin, Cappadocia’s most serene corner dotted with houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. After lunch, visit the Pigeon Valley that takes its name from many pigeon houses that have been carved into the soft tuff since ancient times. End your day by visiting Kaymakli Underground City, located within the citadel of Kaymakli and used in the Byzantine era for protection from Muslim Arabs during the Arab–Byzantine wars. After return to the hotel, transfer to Nevsehir or Kayseri Airport with your luggage for your flight from Cappadocia to Izmir. Upon arrival in Izmir, transfer to Kusadası. Dinner and overnight stay at your local hotel.
Day 6Ephesus Tour
Meet your local guide
and begin your tour with a visit to Temple of Artemis. Afterwards, explore the world-famous Roman City of Ephesus. Stop by the Arcadian Way, Roman Baths, Temple of Hadrian, Celsius Library, and the Antique Theatre. Later, drive towards the Sirince Village for lunch. Transfer back to your hotel at the end of your tour. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7Pamukkale Tour
The first stop on
your itinerary today will be the Hierapolis Ancient City where you will find stunning attractions such as the large necropolis, Great Baths, Frontinus Street, Theatre, Martyrion of St. Phillip and the antique pool also known as Cleopatra’s pool. Later, enjoy a barefooted walk along the travertines before you drive along the Meander River valley to reach your accommodation in Kusadasi. Dinner and overnight stay at your local hotel in Kusadasi.
Day 8Kusadasi - Istanbul –Departure
You can request for
a private tour of Pergamon or a gulet cruise of the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts for extending your holidays. Else, you will be transferred to the airport for a direct flight from Izmir to Istanbul where you can find a connection for your onward international journey.
Meals included: Breakfast Read More
Ramada Istanbul TaksimIstanbul
Burcu Kaya HotelCappadocia
Royal Palace HotelKusadasi
Ramada Istanbul TaksimIstanbul
Situated in the heart of Beyoglu, our Taksim Hotel is not only close to the square by the same name, but also allows quick and easy access in and around the city centre, to some of Istanbul’s favourite attractions including tMore info
Burcu Kaya HotelCappadocia
Located in Ortahisar District of Cappadocia; Burcu Kaya Hotel has an outdoor swimming pool with views of the surrounding fairy chimneys. The town centre of Ortahisar is a 5-minute walk from the property. Goreme Open Air MuseuMore info
Royal Palace HotelKusadasi
Hotel Royal Palace is located 700 meters from Kusadasi city center. It is approximately 90 km from Izmir. It is very close to the important ancient cities in the Aegean Region.More info
- Private return airport transfers in Istanbul,Cappadocia & Kusadası.
- Transfers by Air conditioned private vehicles.
- Accommodation at mentioned hotels or similar.
- 2 Nights accommodation at hotel in Istanbul on Breakfast.
- 2 Nights accommodation at hotel in Cappadocia on Half Board.
- 3 Nights accommodation at hotel in Kusadası on Half Board.
- 1 Full-day regular (SIC) old city tour in Istanbul on Day 2.
- 1 Half-day (afternoon) regular (SIC) Cable Car & Bosphorus Tour in Istanbul on Day 3.
- 1 Full-day regular (SIC) Cappadocia tour on Day 4.
- 1 Full-day regular (SIC) Rose Valley & Kaymali Undeground city tour in Cappadocia on Day 5.
- 1 Full-day regular (SIC) Ephesus Ancient City & Sirince Village city tour on Day 6.
- 1 Full-day regular (SIC) Pamukkale city tour on Day 7.
- Set Menu Local Lunch on Day 2, 4, 5, 6 ,7 (drinks excluded).
- Licensed professional local guides in English language.
- Entrance fees to all museums, parks, and historic sites as marked on the itinerary.
- Taxes and Service charges.
What's not Included?
- International Flights and applicable airport taxes.
- Visa fee.
- Domestic flight: Istanbul - Cappadocia - Izmir - Istanbul.
- Any personal expenses such as: phone calls, laundry, drinks, etc..
- Gratuities to the Guide & Driver.
- Optional Hot Air Balloon Tour.
- Supplements for Chirstmas & New Year period.
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.