0208 705 0071 24/7
+44 333 300 3000( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
Sri Lanka - A Complete Tour
Sri Lanka - A Complete Tour 05 Days / 04 Nights
fr £ 539* pp
- Enquire via Email
Sri Lanka’s central highlands boast beautiful terrains, temples of historical relevance, cities fringed by lakes and ancient citadels. Enjoy an aromatic experience at its herb and spice gardens and have an intimate encounter with gentle giants at the elephant orphanage. Over four days, a trip across this island country, complete with a unique blend of novelty and old grace, will leave you supremely impressed.
- Sigiriya: 2 nights
- Kandy: 1 night
- Colombo: 1 night
Tour At a Glance
- Explore Colombo, the historically rich city of Sri Lanka which features colonial architecture as well as modern skyscrapers
- Marvel at the 200-meter high ‘Lion Rock’ in Sigiriya
- Explore the temple of Sacred Tooth Relic and its surrounding palaces and gardens in Kandy
- Explore the five caverns of a majestic temple, ornamented with walls and ceilings painted in beautiful colours Dambulla
- Discover Polonnaruwa, the erstwhile capital city of Sri Lanka
- Tour code: STSL09
- Accommodation Grade
- Group Tour
Day 1Colombo – Pinnawala – Sigiriya
Arrive at Colombo Airport and meet our representative. Be transferred to Dambulla with a stopover at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. The widely renowned Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, which started with a modest number of elephants rescued from the rainforests, is home to more than 100 elephants, all wandering freely inside the premises. Enjoy the sight of the elephants being bathed. Later, continue your journey to Sigiriya. Overnight stay in Sigiriya. Read More
Day 2Sigiriya - Polonnaruwa - Sigiriya
After breakfast, begin your journey to explore the country’s rich history and heritage. Climb up the Sigiriya fortress, which dates back to the fifth century. Built by King Kashyapa, this citadel rests on a huge rock popularly known as ‘Lion Rock’. It was restored by the British after it was abandoned and covered by dense overgrowth. A walk to the summit through a spiral staircase will treat you with arresting views of the countryside. In the afternoon, head to the 1000-year old city of Polonnaruwa and explore the ruins and remains of the region. Marvel at the Gal Viharaya that features four statues of Buddha carved out of rock, the Audience Hall, the Lotus Bath and the statue of King Parakramabahu. You can also visit the Shiva Temple, the Lankathilake and the Watadage. Overnight stay at hotel in Sigiriya. Read More
Day 3Sigiriya - Dambulla - Matale - Kandy
Start the day with
a visit to the 2000-year old Golden Temple of Dambulla, which is carved inside a mountain. The complex consists of more than 150 images of Buddha and features a series of painted walls and ceilings. Also, this UNESCO World Heritage Site contains images of deities and kings of Sri besides a 14-metre tall statue of Buddha. Carry on your journey to a spice and herb garden at Matale. Learn a thing or two about the medicinal and culinary aspects of various world famous Sri Lankan herbs such as turmeric, cardamom, lemon grass and many more.
In the evening, visit the 14th century Peradeniya Royal Botanical Gardens in Kandy. It is full of plants and flower species introduced by the colonial empire. Also, a highlight of this garden is a tree planted by King George and Queen Mary in the year 1901. Take a stroll along the ‘Avenue of Palms’ and call it a day with a night of cultural shows featuring folk and traditional dances. Read More
Day 4Kandy - Colombo
Known for its picturesque
landscape, accentuated by beautiful hills and valleys, the city of Kandy impresses tourists from all over the world. The city is best known for the 16th century Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, which houses a relic of canine tooth of Lord Buddha. The New Palace and the Royal Palace, the Queen’s Bathing House, the Golden Canopy and the National Museum are other well known structures.
Head to the capital city of Sri Lanka, Colombo, and enjoy a tour of this colourful, busy city. Visit the famous Pettah Bazaar, Hindu and Buddhist temples, and Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall. Enjoy some shopping before being dropped at the hotel. Read More
Day 5Colombo - UK
Post breakfast, transfer to the International airport in Colombo towards your onward journey to UK with sweet memories. Memories and princely experiences will however stay on with you, forever! Read More
Ozo Kandy Sri LankaKandy
Ozo Kandy Sri Lanka is Nestled between mist-covered hills and tropical tea plantations and just 2-hour drive from Bandaranaike International Airport and just a few minutes from the Sri Dalada Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred ToMore info
Situated in Colombo, this hotel is within 1 mi (2 km) of Raux Brothers, Majestic City, and MGM Casino. Isipathanaramaya Buddhist Temple and Asokaramaya Buddhist Temple are also within 1 mi (2 km).More info
Amaara Forest HotelSigiriya
Located in the Matale district of Sigiriya, Amaara Forest Hotel Sigiriya is within 20 minutes drive of the famed Sigiriya Lion Rock and Pidurangala Rock. 3 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.More info
- Accommodation in standard rooms with attached private facilities for 4 nights at hotels specified or of similar standard.
- Bed and Breakfast at all places.
- Transportation by air-conditioned motor coach as per the itinerary.
- Services of a English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees to Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa, Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Dambulla, Cultural Show, Kandy Temple only.
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
What's not Included?
- International flights.
- Meals not specified above.
- Video Camera and Still Camera permits at Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.
- Video Camera and Still Camera permits at the Temple of the Tooth Relic in Kandy.
- Entrance fees to all sites and attractions not specified above.
- Cost of beverage throughout the tour.
- Expenses of a personal nature.
- Tips and Porterage.
- Cost of ticket to view the Kandy Esala Perahera which will be held in Kandy.
- Christmas and New Year’s eve supplements at hotels.\Supplement for accommodation in Kandy during Kandy Esala Perahera period (July or August).
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.