0208 705 0071 24/7
0782 587 4342( Chat Only )
Free Call Back We'll call you
Scenic Garden Route Circular Tour 05 Days / 04 Nights
fr £ 1009 pp
- Enquire via Email
The tour includes visit to the Overberg region along with most beautiful stretches of South Africa’s coastline. Stop at Hermanus, known as the best land-based whale watching spot. Enjoy a cruise on Knysna Lagoon, and relate with gentle giants at Knysna Elephant Park. Also, visit Tsitsikamma National Park, Featherbed Nature Reserve, Cango Caves and Oudtshoorn, home to large ostrich farming industry.
- Swellendam: 1 nights
- Plettenberg Bay: 2 nights
- Oudtshoorn: 1 nights
- Tour code: STSA32
- Accommodation Grade
- Group Tour
Your Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Depart Cape Town
Morning departure from Cape Town over the Hottentots-Holland Mountains via Sir Lowry’s Pass. Stop at the Hamilton Russell Vineyards near Hermanus for a tour and tasting. During whale season (June December), stop in Hermanus for some whale watching from the cliff path. Continue to Swellendam, the 3rd eldest settlement in South Africa. Overnight: Klippe River Country House (Standard Cottage), dinner and breakfast Read More
Day 2: Knysna
After breakfast, depart from Swellendam and travel to the lagoon-side town of Knysna, the gem of the Garden Route. Enjoy some time at leisure to explore the Knysna Waterfront Complex before and excursion to the Featherbed Nature Reserve. This trip includes a ferry across the lagoon to the base of the western head and a drive to the top of the reserve. The tour ends with a delicious lunch served under the shade of the milkwood trees. On return to the mainland, continue your journey to Plettenberg Bay. Overnight: Hog Hollow Country Lodge (Standard Room), breakfast, lunch and dinne Read More
Day 3: Knysna Elephant Park and Tsitsikamma National Park
Get up close and personal with nature at the Knysna Elephant Park. Learn the sad and mythical story of the Knysna Elephants. Touch, feed and photograph these gentle giants. Travel to the Tsitsikamma National Park in the early afternoon. Enjoy a walk along the suspension bridge across the Storms River mouth gorge, which offers visitors incredible views. Overnight: Hog Hollow Country Lodge (Standard Room), breakfast, lunch and dinne Read More
Day 4: Depart Plettenberg Bay
Depart from Plettenberg Bay winding your way through George and via the Outeniqua Pass to Oudtshoorn. Visit an ostrich farm for a guided tour and lunch. Continue to the Cango Caves, one of the natural wonders of the world. Overnight: Rosenhof Country House (Standard Room), lunch, dinner and breakfast
Day 5: Cape Town
Leave Oudtshoorn and travel along the famous Route 62 to Cape Town taking in the ever changing colours of the majestic mountains, scenic passes, rivers, vineyards and orchards. Stop in Barrydale before continuing into Cape Town for an early evening arrival. The tour ends with a drop-off at either Cape Town International Airport or your Cape Town hotel.
Dates & Prices
Period of travel
Single Room Supp (pp)
01 Jan - 31 Aug
01 Sep - 31 Dec
- Do some whale watching in Hermanus
- Watch elephants at the Knysna Elephant Park
- Have a memorable time at the Knysna Waterfront Complex
- Enjoy a guided tour at an ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn
- Participate in a tasting tour at the Hamilton Vineyards located close to Hermanus
- Take a walk along the suspension bridge across the Storms River mouth gorge
- Transport in an air-conditioned luxury vehicle.
- Sight-seeing as per itinerary.
- Accommodation as per itinerary.
- English speaking registered tour guide.
- Meal includes 4 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches and 4 Dinners.
what's Not included?
- International flights and airport taxes.
- Visas, health requirements, immigration requirements.
- Any tips and gratuities.
- Air and rail fares (unless specified as part of a package).
- Personal items (beverages, cigarettes, telephone calls, room service, laundry and other extras).
- Any items not mentioned in the itinerary and inclusions.